Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sangat Island, Palawan

2005

Weekend off... I’m gone diving... boat with 4 people... diving instructor couple (from Holland, she used to play Hockey in my wife mum’s town a field I crossed many times to go to the pool). 4th diver is a girl...
-so where you from?
Austria she said...
-ah... in theory me too... I travel under a Austrian passport... my family is from Salzburg...
really she said... I grow up in Salzburg!...
-So what you doing here?
Well I’m visiting my sister who is managing the resort we are staying on... what about you?
-I’m a Marine Biologist; I work in fisheries... not very common profession for an Austrian!
No worries she said... my ex brother in law did the same that you do... but he is from Luxemburg!
-What? I said... You know Gilles? He is the only Luxemburguese marine biologist I ever heard off...
Yes! She answered..
-Guau... I said... I worked with him in Samoa, then he came to NZ, we worked in Angola and Mozambique, he visited us in Holland, is the closest “work related friend” I have...
Gee... she said... I been with her brother for 4 years... I know all her family and her (now) wife...

There are over 60 million people in the Philippines...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?